In the spirit of all of that, I've decided to start a series of posts regarding the things we've used and done for our lessons last year and what we've chosen to use this year. There are some things I changed mid-step last year, and others that I wished I had changed. I imagine there will be more things this year that I will have to change. (I've already changed my geography plans!) However, I find information like that from others to be helpful too when trying to plan, so I'll include what I thought didn't work last year for us as well as what seemed to work perfectly.
As is often the case with me, I have a caveat before I really begin. Although I identify myself as a Charlotte Mason homeschooler, I have not read CM's original 6 volumes. I know this is frowned upon, and hopefully, someday, I will get around to that. I'm sure it would be insightful and instructive. I HAVE, however, spent a lot of time looking into what other CM homeschoolers and CM experts say about her philosophies and her methods. I'm not claiming to be an authority, but I do try to follow her practices as best I know how to at this time.
So, if you've happened to stumble across this post, is there any particular subject you'd be interested in hearing about first? Let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment